Search This Blog

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Awfull Korean Dinner

My best friend and I had plan for movie on saturday night. After alot of consideration we decided to go to cineleisure @ orchard

As we just finished work at 7, we both feel very hungry...and I was craving for korean food for few days. So I suggest we dine @ Seoul Garden

Trust me,  I was so excited when we step in to the restaurant. Its was fully decored with water mouthing pictures of food all over the wall

Melisa ordered Beef Bulggogi Bab and I ordered Beef Slice hot pot. 

When Melisa's Bimbibab was served, it wasn't piping hot as in the advertisement... its just normal warm. 

Melisa said.. it wasn't taste like bibimbab we used to order from other place.. it to sweet, not spicy and savoury.

I was a little bit disappointed with the kimchi, its taste like stir chinese cabbage with chilli paste. As like it was not fermanted at all.. or it might be created for local taste, who knows?
 
The was part begin after they serve my hotpot.
It was sting my eyes. It was red and pain (forgot to take pic) 
I have to call the waiters to take out the burner.
He tried to explain to me, kind of burner that they used.. but I am was in pain and not interested to listen his explanation. After he removed it.. I can start to enjoy my dinner.
The soup doesnt taste bad and it was not taste good too. For korean food freak like me.. I can't get the authentic korean dish in it. Its just simple red souce soup. The shiitake mushroom already taste bad, the soup too sweet. 
Good thing; they really gives generous slice of beef.. and its quite tender. Good qualityWhile I am typing this blog, I recalled when the last time I am dining in Seoul Garden... it almost 10 years ago.. And I think food has already lost the taste of original korean food.

Well, I will rate this restaurant with 2 Star. I will not come back for dining there anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment